How to Downgrade Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to Official 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware. If you have updated your Galaxy S3 to the leaked Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware and you don’t like it’s features or you feel like it is unstable, or if you have flashed any Custom ROM and want to revert back to the Official Firmware, then this post will guide you on How to Downgrade Galaxy S3 I9300 to Official 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware. The most stable official firmware to date for Galaxy S3 is Android 4.1.2 XXEMF6, to which we are going to downgrade our Galaxy S3. I have written some of the important tips below that you must keep in mind before proceeding, make sure you take a careful look at them. Furthermore, I recommend that you read each step of this Tutorial carefully so as to avoid any confusion during the installation process.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. Proceed at your own risk.
- This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300. Please do not try on any other Galaxy S III variants.
- If you want to update your Galaxy S3 from a previous firmware, then go to this link -> How to Update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Android 4.1.2 XXEMF6 Official Firmware
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
- Install Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 USB drivers -> Download USB Drivers for Galaxy S3 I9300.
I have written this detailed and easy to understand step-by-step instructions guide on How to Downgrade Galaxy S3 I9300 to Official 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware. For beginners, it is recommended that you read the whole tutorial before downgrading your Galaxy S3.
How to Downgrade Galaxy S3 I9300 to Official 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware:
- Download Odin v3.07
- Download Android 4.1.2 XXUFME6 for Galaxy S3 I9300 (I9300XXEMF6_I9300ITVEMF1_ITV.zip)
Step 1 - Install drivers and extract Odin and Jelly Bean update for Galaxy S3 I9300 files on the desktop.
Step 2 - Now, switch off your phone to boot it into Odin/Download mode by pressing and holding Volume down + Home + Power Key (long Press), till you see the Android Logo on screen. And then press the Power key/Volume Up to enter download mode.
Step 3 - Open the “Odin.exe” and then connect your phone to computer via USB cable. As soon as you connect, ID:COM box in Odin turns light green/yellow color.
Step 4 - Now select the files as per below instruction to install Android XXEMF6 4.1.2 Jelly bean firmware on Galaxy S3 I9300. Files are found to be from the extracted folder.
- Click on “PDA” and select file with “CODE” in its name.
- Click on “Phone” and select file with “MODEM” in its name. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
- Click on “CSC” and select file with “CSC” in its name. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
- Click on “PIT” and select “.pit” file. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
Step 5 - Make sure that only F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot boxes are checked on Odin. Don’t check any other boxes. Also, tick Re-Partition box if you have got a “.pit” file.
Step 6 - Click on Start button on Odin to start installation process. It will take upto 5 – 8 minutes, so please wait for the installation finish.
Step 7 - Finally, you will get PASS! Notification on the ID: COM box and then your device will reboot automatically and now you can unplug your phone from computer.
Step 8 – If your Galaxy S3 gets stuck on Boot Logo, then turn off your device by taking out the battery and go into the Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Up and Home Buttons and while holding these two buttons, press and hold the Power Button until you see some text on screen.
Step 9 – In the Recovery Mode, perform a factory reset by selecting “Wipe data/factory reset”.
Step 10 – Then select “Wipe Cache Partition”. After that, reboot your device by selecting “Reboot System Now”. Your Galaxy S3 should start now. First boot will take some time so be patient.
Congratulations! You have successfully downgraded your device to Android 4.1.2 XXEMF6 Jelly Bean Official Firmware. If you face any problem, let us know, we will help you with it.