How to Update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Android 4.2.2 XXUFME3 Official Firmware. Android 4.2.2 XXUFME3 Official Firmware for Galaxy S3 is available. This Tutorial will guide you on How to Update Galaxy S3 I9300 to 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware. Note that this update is a leaked version, Samsung has not released any 4.2.2 Firmware for Galaxy S3 officially. This firmware may contain some bugs.
In this post we will guide you on How to install Official XXUFME3 4.2.2 Jelly bean update for Galaxy S3 I9300. Make sure to read the complete tutorial first and then perform the update to your device in order to update your Galaxy S3 without any conflict.
Things to do:
- This update is only for Galaxy S3 I9300, no other variants of Galaxy S3 would support this update.
- Charge your battery up to 70%.
- Enable USB debugging. (Settings > Manage Applications > Development > USB Debugging – check box)
- Backup your phone data.
- Install Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 USB drivers from Here.
How to Update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Android 4.2.2 XXUFME3 Official Firmware:
- Download Odin
- Download Android 4.2.2 XXUFME3 for Galaxy S3 I9300 (I9300XXUFME3_I9300OJKFME1_ILO.zip)
Step 1 - Install drivers and extract Odin and Jelly Bean update for Galaxy S3 I9300 files on the desktop.
Step 2 - Now, switch off your phone to boot it into Odin/Download mode by pressing and holding Volume down + Home + Power Key (long Press), till you see the Android Logo on screen. And then press the Power key/Volume Up to enter download mode.
Step 3 - Open the “Odin.exe” and then connect your phone to computer via USB cable. As soon as you connect, ID:COM box in Odin turns light green/yellow color.
Step 4 - Now select the files as per below instruction to install Android XXUFME3 4.2.2 Jelly bean update for Galaxy S3 I9300. Files are found to be from the extracted folder.
- Click on “PDA” and select file with “CODE” in its name.
- Click on “Phone” and select file with “MODEM” in its name. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
- Click on “CSC” and select file with “CSC” in its name. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
- Click on “PIT” and select “.pit” file. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
Step 5 - Make sure that only F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot boxes are checked on Odin. Don’t check any other boxes. Also, tick Re-Partition box if you have got a “.pit” file.
Step 6 - Click on Start button on Odin to start installation process. It will take upto 5 – 8 minutes, so please wait for the installation finish.
Step 7 - Finally, you will get PASS! Notification on the ID: COM box and then your device will reboot automatically and now you can unplug your phone from computer. First boot would take some time so be patient.
Congratulations! Now your device runs on latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, go to “Settings > More > About Device” to check. If you face any problem while installing XXUFME3 4.2.2 Jelly bean update for Galaxy S3 I9300, then put your query or problem via comments below and we will solve it ASAP!