How to Root Sony Xperia Z C6603 on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware. Sony Xperia Z has recently received 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update and most of you might want to root your Xperia Z. This post will guide you on How to Root Sony Xperia Z C6603 on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware. Follow the instructions carefully otherwise you might brick your phone.
Before proceeding, make sure you thoroughly read the important tips that we have written below so that the rooting process goes smoothly without any issue. Make sure to backup your important data before moving forward.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. Proceed at your own risk.
- This tutorial is only for Sony Xperia Z C6603. Please do not try this on any other Xperia Z variants.
- Battery should be charged upto 70%.
- Make sure USB Drivers are properly installed and configured on your Computer -> Download USB Drivers for Sony Xperia Z.
- Make sure your device is running Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware. If not, first update your device using with the help of the following Tutorial -> How to Update Sony Xperia Z C6603 to Android 4.2.2 10.3.1.A.0.244 Jelly Bean Official Firmware.
- Make sure you backup all your data before proceeding.
- Make Sure USB Debugging Mode is enabled. Go to Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging – check it.
We have written a detailed and easy to understand step-by-step instructions guide on hHow to Root Sony Xperia Z C6603 on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware. If you are used to rooting your Xperia Z, then this should not be any different for you.
However, for beginners, it is recommended that you read the whole tutorial once or twice before actually rooting your device. Let’s start rooting your Xperia Z…
How to Root Sony Xperia Z C6603 on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware:
- Download Xperia Z C660X 10.3.A.0.423 kernel (XperiaZ_C660X_KernelOnly_10.3.A.0.423_Generic_NL.ftf)
- Download DooMLoRD Rooting Toolkit (DooMLoRD_Easy-Rooting-Toolkit_v18_perf-event-exploit.zip)
- Download Sony Flash Tool (flashtool.exe)
Step 1 – Run flashtool.exe file that you downloaded. Open it after installation is completed and then select and check the box of the device model and Flashmode Drivers.
Step 2 – Connect your Sony Xperia Z with computer through data cable. Then in Flash Tools, click on the lightning button then click on flashmode and select OK. A new window will open
Step 3 – At the right side of the windows you will see wiping option. You may check data, cache and Appslog options if you wish to wipe the data before flash, otherwise uncheck them.
Step 4 – Now in flashtool, browse and select the XperiaZ_C660X_KernelOnly_10.3.A.0.423_Generic_NL.ftf file that you downloaded.
Step 5 – After you have selected the Kernel, click on flash button to start flashing and follow the onscreen instructions:
- First, unplug the phone from computer
- Then power off the device
- Third, enter Flash Mode on the device by pressing and holding Volume Down button
- After that, connect your device back to the computer
Step 6 – When you connect back the USB Cable, the flashing will be running. Wait until the flashing is completed. A message of “Flash finished” will appear.
Step 7 – Unplug the device from computer and reboot your device
Step 8 – After reboot, connect your device back to computer and remember to close the Flashtool as it is very important.
Step 9 – Extract the DooMLoRD_Easy-Rooting-Toolkit_v18_perf-event-exploit.zip you downloaded before and run runme_file, it will root your device.
Your Sony Xperia Z C6603 should now be rooted. You can now install Custom ROMs or overclock your device. Let us know if you run into any problem, we will get back to you with a solution.