How to Update Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900 to Android 4.3 XXUBMJ1 Jelly Bean Official Firmware. One of the first Firmware Updates is now available for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900. For those who haven’t received any OTA Updates, can now update using this guide that I have written. This post will guide you on How to Update Galaxy Note 3 N900 to Android 4.3 XXUBMJ1 Jelly Bean Official Firmware. Before proceeding, make sure you take a look at the following important tips and keep them in mind.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. Proceed at your own risk.
XXUBMJ1 Android 4.3 Firmware Details:
- PDA: N900XXUBMJ1
- CSC: N900OJVBMI5
- Version: 4.3
- This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- This is an official firmware by Samsung, not a modified or a custom ROM.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
- Make Sure USB Drivers are properly installed on your Computer -> Download USB Drivers for Galaxy Note 3
- This is an Official Firmware which means you will lose the root after updating your device.
- If your device is currently running a Custom Firmware, perform a Factory Data Reset after the Updating.
I have written a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on How to Update Galaxy Note 3 N900 to Android 4.3 XXUBMJ1 Jelly Bean Official Firmware. If you are used to installing official updates through ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices, then this should not be any different for you. For beginners, it is recommended that you read every line carefully and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your Android device.
How to Update Galaxy Note 3 N900 to Android 4.3 XXUBMJ1 Jelly Bean Official Firmware:
Step 1 – Extract the N900XXUBMJ1_N900OJVBMI5_KSA.zip file that you downloaded. And open up Odin on your Computer.
Step 3 – Switch OFF your phone. Now go to Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down, Home and Power Buttons together till you see the Samsung logo or the red and yellow text on the screen. Press Volume up/Power Button to continue.
Step 5 – Now connect your phone to your computer.
Step 6 – If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow/green with the COM port number as shown in the picture below.
Step 7 – Now select the files that you have to flash/install on your phone. These files are to be found from the extracted files from N900XXUBMJ1_N900OJVBMI5_KSA.zip.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select file with ‘CODE’ in its name.
- Click on ‘Phone’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Step 8 – In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. As for the Re-Partition option, check it ONLY if you selected a .PIT file in the above step.
Step 9 – Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 – After the installation is completed, your phone will restart. After you see the home screen, unplug your phone from the computer.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has now been updated to latest Android 4.3 XXUBMJ1 software update. Go to Settings > About phone to verify. If you face any problem, just drop a comment below and I will get back to you as soon as possible