How to Update Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 to Android 4.3 XXUEMJ5 Jelly Bean Official Firmware. You can now update your Galaxy S4 I9500 to the latest Android 4.3 XXUEMJ5 Firmware using the Tutorial that I have written below if you haven’t received any OTA Update yet. This post will guide you on How to Update Galaxy S4 I9500 to Android 4.3 XXUEMJ5 Jelly Bean Official Firmware. Make sure to check out the following important tips before proceeding towards updating your Galaxy S4 I9500.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. Please proceed at your own risk.
Android 4.3 XXUEMJ5 Firmware Details:
- PDA: I9500XXUEMJ5
- CSC: I9500SEREMJ5
- Version: 4.3
- This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- I9500XXUEMJ5 is an official firmware by Samsung for the Galaxy S4 I9500.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
- Double check and read the tips on the previous page once again to make sure everything is in order.
- Make sure USB Drivers are installed properly on your Computer -> Download USB Drivers for Galaxy S4 I9500
I have written a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on How to Update Galaxy S4 I9500 to Android 4.3 XXUEMJ5 Jelly Bean Official Firmware. If you are used to installing official updates through ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices, then this should not be any different for you. For beginners, it is recommended that you read every line carefully and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your Android device.
How to Update Galaxy S4 I9500 to Android 4.3 XXUEMJ5 Jelly Bean Official Firmware:
Step 1 – Extract the zip file you downloaded before (I9500XXUEMJ5_I9500SEREMJ5_SER.zip).
Step 2 – Switch OFF your phone. Press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button till you see the construction Android robot and a triangle. Press Power again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
Step 3 – Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your phone to your computer while your phone is in the Download Mode.
Step 4 – If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will change color with the COM port number as you can see in the image below. This step might take some time.
Step 5 – Now select the files that you have to flash/install on your phone. These files are to be found from the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select file with ‘CODE’ in its name.
- Click on ‘Phone’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Step 6 – In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. As for the Re-Partition option, check it ONLY if you selected a .PIT file in the above step.
Step 7 – Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 8 – After the installation is completed, your phone will restart. After you see the home screen, unplug your phone from the computer.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy S4 has now been updated to the latest Android 4.3 XXUEMJ5 firmware. Go to “Settings > More > About phone” to verify. If you face any problem, let me know in the comments below and I will get back to you with a solution.